UPDATE 5/23: I’d like to thank the guys at Gollihur Music for reading the blog and appreciating what I do here. Thanks for your support and keep reading!
If you’re looking to pick up a Kala uBass, there’s no better time than right now, because New Jersey-based retailer Gollihur Music is running a sale on the 2012 models.
Gollihur is offering 10% off the following uBass models for a limited time:
- Fretted – Gloss Black/Mahogany $465 $418.50 with basic gig bag
- Fretted – Spruce/Spalted Maple $575 $517.50 with basic gig bag
- Fretted – Hutch Hutchinson Signature $455 $409.50 with padded gig bag
- Fretted – Solid Acacia $650 $585 with semi-hard foamshell case
- Fretted – Spruce Top/Mahogany Back $450 $405 with basic gig bag
- Fretless- Solid Mahogany $550 $495 with semi-hard foamshell case
- Fretless – Spruce Top/Mahogany Back $450 $405 with basic gig bag
You can call them at 856-292-3194 or buy from their web site. Just put the uBass you want in the shopping cart and if it’s still in stock, the discount will be applied automatically. If the uBass you want is not in stock, you can substitute any of the 2012 models in stock and still get the discount.
In case you’re worried about Gollihur not being reliable, don’t be. They are an authorized Kala dealer and one of the best retailers to deal with. I bought both my Mahogany acoustic and Hutch Hutchinson models from them on Kala’s recommendation.